About the Course
This masterclass will be a 2 hour session, focused on giving you ALL the information you need to know to be confident in your early bid writing career.
What you will learn:
• Understanding prequalifications / PQQs and Tenders.
• Deciding whether or not to bid or tender for an opportunity.
• The key things to look out for when writing or submitting a bid or tender response.
• What to include in your bid response.
• Understanding policies, procedures and case studies.
• Introduction to managing clarifications.
• An introduction to managing qualifications.
• Proofreading your finished bid response.
• How to hone your skills to be a brilliant bid writer.
This course is for you if:
• You have great writing skills and would like to get into the bid writing profession.
• You are new into the bid writing profession and are looking to improve your skills.
• You would like to be a Bid Writer or you are interested in bid writing.
• You would like to learn the basic skills required to be a brilliant Bid Writer.
Dr. Idara Umoh
An award-winning professional, focused on improving bid management processes and helping businesses write winning responses to win new business/contracts. She is passionate about business growth and communications. As a result, her focus is on helping businesses win by communicating strategically and accurately through their bids, proposals and tender responses.
With over 18 years of experience in Proposals Management and Bid Writing at Director level, Idara has helped several multinational, medium and small businesses win millions of dollars in new business both locally and globally. This includes contracts from private and public sector organisations. She has during her career prepared and won tenders within the UK, Middle East, Asia, Africa, Australia etc. for contract values up to £500M. Her experience has expanded to cover the Oil and Gas sector, Construction, Infrastructure, Health and Wellbeing, Health and Social Care, Education, Software and FM etc.
She is a recipient of the Association of Proposals Management Professionals - APMP 40 under 40 award, recognising her significant contribution to the Proposal Management profession and also been named a finalist in the Energy Woman of the Year category at the prestigious Middle East Energy Awards in Dubai - UAE.
Dr. Umoh holds a PhD and a MSc in Business/Corporate Communications from The Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, Scotland. She is APMP certified to Practitioner level - CP APMP and Shipley trained in proposals management. She is bilingual - English (native language) and French and uses this skill to ensure localisation in bilingual bid responses.
She is focused on improving the bid management process to increase each business' effectiveness within their capability. She is extremely passionate about winning work and ensuring that the content of each Client's bid, proposal or tender response is of the highest standard possible.